These are difficult times for all of us. Kids are home all day, a new experience in our family lives. Many of us adults are working from home, using technology in ways we never have before.
Some of us are first responders and caregivers, facing unprecedented stress and emergencies beyond what we’ve ever experienced.
Some of us are quarantined, while the rest of us worry about being infected. What can we do during this pandemic to help reduce anxiety, boredom and keep us from going stir-crazy? Here are some suggestions:
- Start writing a journal. You have a story to tell, maybe about yourself or your family’s favorite hobbies.
- Complete a puzzle. This time together can be fun family time.
- Catch up on favorite shows. How about watching some of those award- winning TV shows and movies you’ve heard about, but never seen?
- Write actual letters. Use pen and paper to connect with family members and friends!
- Spring cleaning. What a perfect time to clear out clutter in the closets!
- Bake something. You don’t have the best cooking skills? This may be the time to learn a new hobby!
- Use Facetime or Skype to keep in touch. Designate a special time during the week to meet up with family and friends.
- Read more and join an online book club. One of my favorites is on Facebook, Dreaming With Open Eyes.
- Buy gift cards from local businesses. We can do our part to help everyone stay in business.
- Keep on keeping on… remember our family cares about your family.
At Trantolo & Trantolo, we are here to support you in any way we can. Our staff is available to communicate with you by phone, email or videoconference. If you need us, just give us a call at 860-999-9999. Let Our Family, Help Your Family™.