When you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in New Haven, you need the strongest legal representation you can get. You may be struggling to stay on top of medical costs or figuring out how to move forward without your salary if you’re out of work. You need legal representatives who can take some of the burden off of you so you can focus on healing.
Our skillful car accident lawyers have experience winning high settlement awards for our clients. We treat our clients like family, starting with the first call you make to Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC. Our talented team of New Haven car accident lawyers will guide you through the entire process, and we will always be available to answer any questions that you may have.
Our goal is to win the highest award your claim deserves under Connecticut law, and we will not stop until our goal is met. Call Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC to get started.
Your Guide to Car Accident Claims in New Haven, Connecticut
- Get Legal Help in New Haven, CT, With No Fees Until You Win
- How Much Time You Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Connecticut
- New Haven Car Accident Claim FAQs
- Recovering the Cost of Damage to Your Car After a Wreck in New Haven
- What to Do After a Car Accident in New Haven, CT
- How a Car Accident Attorney in New Haven Can Help You
- Why You Should Choose Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, After a Car Accident in New Haven
- Get a Free Consultation With a Car Accident Lawyer in New Haven
Get Legal Help in New Haven, CT, With No Fees Until You Win
At Trantolo & Trantolo, there are no fees unless and until a settlement is reached or an award is given.
Contingency fee agreements between lawyers and clients help car accident victims by:
- Allowing access to quality representation you may otherwise be unable to afford up front. The lawyer covers case costs and is only paid if we obtain recovery for the client.
- Avoiding financial risks for the client. If we do not successfully win compensation, you owe nothing for our time and effort.
- Providing clients with experienced legal representation on car accident claims, which you may lack the expertise to navigate on your own. This improves your chances of fair recovery.
- Saving clients time by having seasoned professionals handle the legal proceedings and negotiations with insurance companies. This way you can focus on recovering from your injuries or taking care of an injured loved one.
For car accident victims, contingency fee agreements both enable access to top legal talent and align interests for maximum results. This levels the playing field against big insurance.
How Much Time You Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Connecticut
According to Connecticut law Chapter 926 Sec. 52-584, The statute of limitations for nearly all automobile accidents in Connecticut is within a two-year period. This means if you have been hurt in a car crash because of another negligent driver, you will have two years from the date of the crash to file a personal injury lawsuit.
There are certain exceptions to this rule, however, which your New Haven car accident attorney can go over with you during our first meeting. The sooner you reach out to us to get started, the sooner we can begin building a strong case for your compensation.
New Haven Car Accident Claim FAQs
Can you sue for pain and suffering in Connecticut?
Yes, you can sue for pain and suffering damages in personal injury lawsuits in Connecticut. Here are some key facts about recovering pain and suffering damages in the Constitution State:
- Pain and suffering falls under the category of general damages in Connecticut.
- There is no cap or limit under Connecticut law on the amount of pain and suffering compensation a jury can award.
- Pain and suffering covers both physical discomfort and emotional distress resulting from injuries.
- Plaintiffs must prove their pain and suffering was directly caused by the defendant’s negligence.
- The extent and duration of pain and suffering must be established through evidence like medical records.
- Juries determine reasonable compensation for pain and suffering based on the evidence presented in trial.
- Expert witnesses often help juries understand the scope and impact of the plaintiff’s condition.
- Plaintiffs should retain experienced personal injury counsel to maximize subjective pain and suffering damages.
While subjective in nature, pain and suffering is considered in personal injury awards in Connecticut. This form of non-economic damages can make up a significant portion of total accident compensation.
How long do you have to report an accident in New Haven, CT?
In Connecticut, if a wreck causes more than $1,000 in damages, you have five days from the accident to file a report with the police. You can file a report with the New Haven Police Department.
This is an important step in any car accident claim, as this report will become a part of the evidence your New Haven car accident lawyer will use to prove the value of your claim.
Is Connecticut a no-fault accident state?
Connecticut is an “at-fault” state, meaning someone is typically considered responsible for an accident. Using comparative negligence, each participant is assigned a percentage of fault based on their contribution to the crash.
Importantly, Connecticut follows “modified” comparative negligence. If an injured party is 50% or less at fault, you can recover damages reduced by your percentage of fault. However, if found 51% or more responsible, you would recover nothing.
For example, if awarded $100,000 but 40% at fault, the claimant would receive $60,000. But if they were 51% or more at fault, they would receive nothing from the $100,000 award.
This is why having experienced legal counsel on your side is critical when an accident is being investigated and fault is being assigned. We can investigate your accident, prove fault, and advocate for fair compensation under this system.
What to Do After a Car Accident in New Haven, CT
- Assess the safety of your location. If it is safe, stop your car and switch your hazard lights on. If the car is not in a safe position, move to a safe location and turn your hazard lights on.
- Once you are safe and have your hazard lights turned on, call 911.
- If you are able to move normally, get out of the vehicle. If you are unable to move normally, stay in the vehicle until help arrives.
- After safely getting out of your car, proceed to photograph and/or record video of the entire accident scene, including any other vehicles involved.
- Gather personal information from any other drivers who were involved (name, address, insurance information).
- Collect information from any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can.
How a Car Accident Attorney in New Haven Can Help You
We are here to make sure you get the full value of your claim and fight for you. How can our lawyers help?
- Accurately calculating your compensation
- Identifying all potentially liable parties
- Gathering all of your medical records in order to ensure that the pain and suffering you endured is recorded.
- Guiding you at every stage of your claim
- Calling in expert witnesses when necessary
- Professionally negotiating to get the highest settlement or award possible.
- Representing you in a court trial if we cannot reach a fair settlement agreement with the insurance company
You can read our client reviews in New Haven to learn more about what you can expect when you choose us to represent you.
Why You Should Choose Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, After a Car Accident in New Haven
There are many reasons to choose Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC if you’ve been injured in a car accident in New Haven:
- Local experience: With deep roots in the New Haven community, our attorneys live and work here and they understand the local insurance climate.
- Proven track record: Our team has successfully handled thousands of local auto injury cases over multiple decades, including securing record-setting verdicts and settlements.
- Reputation for results: We have an excellent reputation for getting results for our clients throughout CT for tenacious legal advocacy.
- Client-first mentality: Our firm prioritizes client interests when pursuing cases, and we offer personalized attention to each case.
- Efficiency and accessibility: We invite clients to come to our offices to sit down and talk directly with your attorney. We also offer zoom meetings when getting to a Trantolo & Trantolo office is not possible.
- Contingency-based fees: We only collect if we win your case, so our interests are fully aligned with yours.
If you want tireless legal advocates with local experience and reputation on your side after an auto accident in Connecticut, choose Trantolo & Trantolo.
Get a Free Consultation With a Car Accident Lawyer in New Haven
You may be wondering if you have a valid car accident claim, or maybe you have questions about what kind of compensation you may be entitled to after a car crash. We are here to explain your options to you and your rights under Connecticut law.