After you’re in a car accident, you may be overwhelmed with bills, questions, and concerns, all while you’re trying to recover from your injuries. It may feel like too much to deal with on your own, leaving you struggling to cope. That’s where our team of car accident lawyers come in.
At Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, we have more than 85 years of experience. When you choose us to represent you in your car accident claim, you will have legal advocates by your side who have decades of experience winning high settlements and verdicts for accident victims.
From our first conversation, our car accident attorneys in Melville will be available to answer your questions as we lead you through the settlement process. Our goal is to seek maximum compensation in your car accident claim. We won’t stop until our goal is met.
When Should You Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident in New York?
After a car accident, we strongly recommend you file a claim as soon as possible as time may be crucial for your case. Our dedicated team of attorneys can help take the pressure off you during this difficult time.
Here are some situations when it is advisable to contact a Melville personal injury lawyer:
- You suffered any injury, even if it initially seems minor. Some injuries worsen over time.
- Your accident-related medical bills exceed $1,000. Costs add up quickly.
- Your injury caused missed work and lost wages.
- The insurance companies are disputing fault or being difficult to work with.
- The claims adjusters are pressuring you to accept a quick settlement.
- There are questions about contributing factors like poor road conditions or mechanical failures.
- An insurance provider denied your injury claim.
- You are making a claim with your own insurance provider under uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
- The accident involved a commercial vehicle like a big rig or company-owned vehicle.
- Your accident resulted in permanent disability or impairment.
- The case may warrant demanding punitive damages for gross negligence, like DUI.
Our team of car accident lawyers has experience handling these types of cases and can level the playing field against insurance companies that are aiming to minimize payouts. Protect your rights by contacting us before you sign any agreements or make any statements that can be held against you.
What Is The Average Settlement For a Car Accident in NY?
There is no average car accident settlement in New York. The amount your case could settle for will depend on factors that include the seriousness of your injuries, how much work you have missed, and whether or not you will require ongoing care.
The following are some of the case results we’ve achieved for our car accident clients. Depending on the specifics of your claim, your results may differ.
- $7,900,000 settlement after a one-week trial in the case of a client who suffered permanent brain damage when his car was broadsided during a police chase.
- $1,550,000 settlement for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury and numerous other serious injuries in a car crash.
- $1,500,000 settlement for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury and multiple other injuries when they were a passenger in a drunk driving accident.
- $1,380,000 settlement for a client who suffered brain damage and severe injuries when her vehicle was broadsided by a police cruiser.
- $1,300,000 mediated settlement for a client who was injured in a rollover accident after the investigation showed the defendant was texting while driving.
When another person’s carelessness causes you to endure harm bodily, emotionally, or monetarily, that person needs to be held accountable. Our car accident lawyers in Melville will negotiate with the insurance companies to make sure you get adequate compensation.
How Much Do Car Accident Lawyers Charge in Melville, NY?
When you choose a lawyer from Trantolo & Trantolo, you won’t need to pay until your case’s successful conclusion. We know car accidents can happen to anyone, and not everyone can afford lawyer fees right away. That’s why you only pay us if we win your case and get you money for your injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
What Compensation Can I Receive With a Car Accident Claim?
After a car accident, your potential compensation will be categorized into two groups: economic (money spent on repairs or medical bills) and non-economic (pain or emotional suffering).
The goal is to help you get back what you lost because someone else was careless. This could include money for car repairs, lost wages, and medical bills. New York law says you can only get money for non-economic damages (like pain and suffering) if the injury is serious, for example, breaking a bone, losing the use of a body part, or a traumatic brain or spinal cord injury.
How Can an Attorney Help Prove a Car Accident Claim?
If you get into a car accident near Melville, it’s a good idea to talk to our car accident lawyers as soon as possible after the wreck. New York’s car accident law can be complex, and a lawyer can help you avoid mistakes.
Getting a lawyer quickly can help make your case stronger. We’ll gather evidence and information, talk to witnesses who saw the accident, and even call in expert witnesses when necessary. It might sound complicated, but a complimentary consultation with a lawyer from our firm can help you get started and increase your chances of getting the money you deserve.
Does a Car Accident Claim Need to Go to Trial?
Most car accident cases are settled without having to go to court. The two sides negotiate and try to agree on a solution that works for both parties. Once they agree and sign a deal, you can’t take the issue to court. That’s why it’s important to ensure your compensation is fair and adequate before agreeing to anything.
At Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, our Melville car accident lawyers study your case and determine how much compensation you should get. If we can’t negotiate a fair settlement, we’re ready to go to court for you.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Melville, New York
You may be ready to file a car accident claim, or you may simply have questions you need answers to before you make any decisions. We are here to tell you more about your options and explain your rights when you are injured in a car wreck in New York.
Reach out to our Melville car accident attorneys to learn more about how we can help you. Our team is ready to take the weight off your shoulders as we advocate for you.