In Massachusetts, we rely on trucks to deliver products. Semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial trucks are much larger, heavier, and more powerful than the average vehicle. Because of this, victims who are involved in accidents with trucks are often left with life-altering or even fatal injuries.
If your life was changed by serious injuries or you lost a loved one in a fatal truck accident, you may be wondering how to pick up the pieces or even where to begin. You may be out of work, or you may have lost your family’s main source of income, all while you’re facing a pile of medical bills. Let our Massachusetts personal injury lawyers take some of the pressure off of you by fighting for your compensation.
At Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, our Massachusetts truck accident lawyers have the experience to take on powerful trucking companies and their insurers. We conduct an investigation, identify all potentially liable parties, and communicate with the insurance companies. You can leave the legal process to us while you focus on your recovery. Call us at (844) 999-9999 to get started today.
Damages You Can Recover After a Truck Accident in Massachusetts
If you were hurt in an accident with a commercial vehicle, our law firm can help you seek financial compensation. While the damages you can recover will depend on the details of your case, truck accident victims can often pursue compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of doctor’s appointments, hospital stays, assistive medical devices, doctor’s appointments, travel to appointments, prescription medications, surgeries, medical exams like X-rays, and more
- Physical pain and suffering for the discomfort your injuries cause
- Emotional distress, especially if you now suffer from anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Property damage, such as damage to your car, clothing, jewelry, or any other broken or lost personal items
- Reduced earning capacity, if your injuries do not allow you to work and earn the same amount of money as you could before the crash
- Lost income for the time you missed at work
- Loss of enjoyment of life, if your injuries hold you back from participating in activities you once enjoyed
- Scarring and disfigurement for physical scars that alter your appearance
- Reduced quality of life
Our legal team will collect evidence to support your case and prove you deserve compensation for the suffering you endured.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim After a Fatal Truck Accident in Massachusetts
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s 2021 State Highway Safety Report, truck accident fatalities are on the rise in Massachusetts, with fatalities increasing from 343 to 417 between 2020 and 2021. Each one of these numbers represents someone who left loved ones behind.
In the unfortunate event that a truck crash is fatal, the victim’s loved ones may be able to file a wrongful death claim against the negligent driver. Surviving family members could be entitled to compensation for lost income, medical bills, burial costs, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of relationships.
Consulting a wrongful death attorney could benefit your case, as there are strict time limits and complex legal issues involved in these cases. We can help grieving families understand their options and legal rights.
Our Proven Record of Success for Truck Accident Victims
At Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, we are proud of our track record of success on behalf of our clients who have been victims of truck accidents. Here are some of the results we’ve achieved for people just like you, who were hurt through no fault of your own and need financial compensation:
|Type of Case
|Client whose vehicle was t-boned by a utility truck, resulting in back, neck, and foot injuries that required surgery and therapy.
|Client whose vehicle was struck head-on by a truck, resulting in a severe concussion along with neck, back, leg injuries.
|Our client, a truck passenger, suffered leg and back injuries when he was struck by another truck, requiring surgery and therapy.
|After a truck made an improper lane change and struck our client’s vehicle. She sustained neck, back, and shoulder injuries, needing surgery and physical therapy.
What a Truck Accident Lawyer in Massachusetts Does
When someone is driving safely, they should be reasonably safe from harm. However, a negligent truck driver or trucking company can cause an accident that results in injuries, causing drivers who were following the rules of the road to require medical care, surgery, and therapy.
If you have found yourself in this all-too-common situation, you may be thinking about filing a claim for compensation. The team at Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, can help you build your case by:
- Handling all case communication for you. We’ll speak to the liable party, their legal team, and any insurance companies involved on your behalf. We can also speak to anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Assigning a value to your case. We will consider all your losses, even those that do not come with a fixed price. You deserve repayment for your tangible and intangible losses.
- Explaining your legal options. You may be eligible to file an insurance claim and a fault-based lawsuit, depending on the facts of your case.
- Fighting your case in court, if necessary. While not every personal injury case will go to trial, our team will support you if yours does.
- Answering all your questions. We know the legal process is difficult to navigate alone. Our team is here to provide answers to all your questions and walk you through each step of your case.
- Investigating the cause of your accident. We can gather evidence to support your case such as cell phone records, surveillance footage, photos of the accident scene, and witness statements.
- Ensuring you’re aware of the laws that apply to your case. Interpreting laws can quickly become confusing, but our team will handle this for you.
Who Can You Take Legal Action Against After a Truck Crash in Massachusetts?
If you were hurt in a truck accident in Massachusetts, you may be able to take legal action against several parties. These include:
- The truck driver: If the truck driver caused the crash due to negligence like speeding or distracted driving, you can sue them for damages. Their trucking company may also be responsible.
- The trucking company: Trucking companies can be sued for not properly training or supervising their drivers. They can also be liable if trucks weren’t properly maintained.
- Manufacturers: You might be able to take action against truck or parts manufacturers if defective equipment contributed to the crash.
- Shippers: If hazardous cargo was improperly loaded or labeled, legal action is possible against the shipping company or manufacturer.
- Other drivers: Depending on the circumstances, other passenger vehicle drivers involved may also be sued for negligence.
Our car accident lawyers can help determine all parties who may be liable after a commercial truck collision causes harm in Massachusetts.
How Long Do You Have to File a Truck Accident Claim in Massachusetts?
You have limited time to file a truck accident claim in Massachusetts. For personal injury or wrongful death cases, you typically have three years from the date of the crash to take legal action, per Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 260 § 2A. There are exceptions though in certain circumstances, such as when the victim is a minor or is incapacitated or when the responsible party has left the state.
With truck wrecks, there can also be strict notification deadlines for filing with insurance companies – usually between 30-90 days. Missing these can jeopardize your case.
It’s important to consider hiring a truck accident attorney immediately after any collision with a big rig or semi-trailer. A Massachusetts truck accident lawyer can help take quick action to gather evidence, notify insurers, and protect your right to compensation.
Get a Free Consultation With a Truck Accident Lawyer in Massachusetts
Don’t miss out on your chance to receive fair compensation after a devastating truck accident. Get answers and a case assessment from our legal team with no upfront costs or obligations.
Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, helps injury victims and grieving families across Massachusetts after serious wrecks involving commercial trucks, 18-wheelers, and other large vehicles. We have an impressive track record in truck accident litigation and push aggressively to hold negligent drivers fully accountable. Call (844) 999-9999 today, and Let Our Family Help Your Family.