Written by Keith V. Trantolo
Waterbury Car Accident Lawyer
Our skilled accident attorneys have more than 80 years of experience winning high verdicts and settlements for our clients. Throughout the entire process, starting with the first conversation, we strive to treat our clients like family. The talented team of lawyers at Trantolo & Trantolo will help lead you through the complicated settlement process and will always be available to answer any questions that may come. Our goal is to seek maximum just compensation for your claim and we will not stop until our goal is met.
5 Star Google Reviews ★★★★★ Google Review
Waterbury CT 06750
Jump To Links
No Fees Unless We Win
At Trantolo & Trantolo, we charge the standard contingency fee of 1/3 of your settlement and there is no fee unless a settlement is reached or an award is given.
What to do After a Car Accident?
- Judge the safety of where your car is, if safe stop the car and put your hazard lights on. If the car is not in a safe position then pull over to a safe position and put your hazard lights on.
- When you are parked safely with your hazard lights are on call 911
- If you are in able condition, proceed to exit the car. If you are unable to move normally, remain in the car until authorities arrive.
- After safely exiting your vehicle proceed to take pictures and/or videos of the entire scene including all vehicles involved.
- Gather the other driver or drivers information (name, address, insurance information).
- Record witness’s information
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Time to File a Claim in Connecticut
The statute of limitations for almost all automobile accidents in Connecticut is within a two year period. This means if you have been injured in a car crash because of another negligent driver then you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Property Damage to Your Car
To receive the appropriate amount for your property damage claim it would be best to have an insurance appraiser go to your car while it is in the auto body shop so your mechanic is also present. Your mechanic should be able to talk to the insurance appraiser and negotiate your property damage claim. Providing an accurate opinion of the extent of damages that happened to your vehicle.
Hire an Experienced Waterbury Car Accident Lawyer
They can do things like:
- Overseeing all of your medical treatment and making sure correct tests are ordered by your doctor.
- Monitoring and attaining all of your medical records in order to make sure that you’re the pain and suffering that you sustained is documented.
- Advising you on all aspects of your claim.
- Professionally negotiating to reach the maximum settlement possible.
Our Waterbury car accident attorneys and staff are ready and willing to assist you in any way possible. Call (203) 999-9999