Attorney Robert J. Peragine is a multi-jurisdictional trial attorney admitted to practice law in New York and Connecticut. He received his undergraduate degree from the State University of New York at Cortland in 2003 and his law degree from the University of Massachusetts School of Law in 2006.
Attorney Peragine is a trial attorney known as a respectful, yet aggressive litigator who fights for those injured as the result of someone else’s negligence. He began his career as a trial attorney as a prosecutor, where he honed his skills in the courtroom and tried numerous cases to verdict.
Following his time at the prosecutor’s office, Mr. Peragine gained valuable plaintiffs experience while working at Trantolo & Trantolo and learning from one of the country’s top litigators, Vincent Trantolo. He then went on to work as Senior Trial Attorney at two large New York personal injury law firms. He aggressively represented his clients in pre-trial negotiations and if he did not receive the maximum offer for his client, he would try the case to a verdict.
Attorney Peragine now returns to Trantolo & Trantolo as their Senior Trial Attorney and Legal Director for Fairfield County and New York offices. He is thrilled to be back as part of the Trantolo family, where the firm is continuing to have success and expand into the New York market.
In 2022, Attorney Peragine was recognized by TopVerdict for obtaining a Top 50 Personal Injury Settlement in New York!
Local Connection to Long Island
Attorney Peragine grew up in Bluepoint, NY with his parents and sister, where he attended Bayport Blue Point High School. In his free time, Attorney Peragine enjoys playing ice hockey. He played at the collegiate level as a goaltender and continues to play on local men’s teams at the Southampton Ice Rink.
His family often visits the East End of Long Island, including the Montauk Point Lighthouse and North Fork farms, wineries and shops. They also staycation at Fire Island and other local beaches. Music is another big part of Attorney Peragine’s life. He has played guitar for several years and enjoys going to music events, including Dave Matthews concerts in the summer, with his family and friends.
Results for Clients
Over his long career as a trial attorney, Robert J. Peragine has had substantial victories for his clients in the courtroom and has also been recognized by his peers for his accomplishments. Some of his results are as follows:
- Grant v. Nutritional Food Supplements, et al $750,000 verdict Suffolk County Supreme Court cervical and lumbar soft tissue injuries. Last offer $10,000. Best of the NY Bar Award 2019.
- Reed v. Perrotta, et al Liability trial verdict for plaintiff. Settled for $975,000 after verdict. Initial offer 0. Cervical fusion. Client had 3 priors and 1 subsequent neck injury. Suffolk County Supreme Court.
- PANTEN, ERIC vs. WING ENTERPRISES Suffolk County Supreme Court May 2, 2018. Product liability trial for defective ladder causing injury to the plaintiff’s hand. Case settled after plaintiff rested their case. 0 offer before trial and settled for a confidential amount plus a paid trip for the plaintiff to visit the ladder manufacturing plant to discuss the ladder design and safety modification.
- Van Der Jaget v. Carlton, et al. $408,000 verdict Hartford Superior Court lumbar soft tissue injuries. Last offer $11,800. Top 25 Connecticut Verdicts for 2012.
- Ray v. Popielasz $289,683 verdict Waterbury Superior Court. Cervical fusion with 3 prior cervical injuries and one subsequent prior to her fusion. Last offer $90,000. Verdict Search 2015.
- Ahrens v. Ely $118,765 verdict New Britain Superior Court, Lumbar soft tissue injuries. Last offer $18,000. Verdict Search 2013.
- Wade v. Levy $75,000 verdict Nassau County Supreme Court. Court cervical and lumbar soft tissue injuries. Last offer $10,000.00. Verdict Search 2018.
- Verni v Nystrom and Sons $60,000 verdict Suffolk County Court cervical and lumbar soft tissue injuries. Last offer $10,000. Verdict Search 2019.
- Nieves v. Moronta $50,000 verdict Nassau County Supreme Court. Shoulder injury no surgery. Last offer $7,500. Additional $17,500 recovered from the SUM carrier after verdict. Verdict Search 2019.