When a motor vehicle strikes a pedestrian, the results are often life-changing. Pedestrian accidents can cause spine and back injuries, traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, organ damage, and other severe injuries. Many pedestrian collisions are fatal. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a pedestrian accident, a Hartford pedestrian accident attorney from Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC can represent you in a legal case against the liable party.
We can help you seek justice as well as financial compensation for damages such as lost income, funeral expenses, bills for medical care, and pain and suffering. A Hartford personal injury lawyer from our law firm can supply the legal advice, advocacy, and support you need during this difficult time.
Call today to schedule a complimentary consultation. We offer free consultations and a contingency fee structure, so you can get legal help now without worrying about upfront legal fees.
Why You Should Choose a Hartford Pedestrian Accident Lawyer From Our Firm to Represent You
Working with a personal injury attorney during your pedestrian accident case gives you access to professional legal support and valuable resources. Most importantly, when you have a personal injury lawyer on your side during the legal process, somebody is advocating for your best interests and standing up for you against the insurance company or other liable party.
So, how can you know which law firm is right for you? Start by researching the firm’s approach to personal injury law, case results, and reviews from past clients. Next, set up an initial consultation so you can learn more about the law firm and ask any questions you have.
Below, you’ll find a list of benefits of working with a Hartford pedestrian accident lawyer from Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC. We have a long history of successful case outcomes and a staff who’s dedicated to getting our clients results.
We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars for Personal Injury Victims and Surviving Families
Few life experiences are as traumatic as being struck by a car. Recovering compensation through a personal injury or wrongful death claim is not just about the financial payout; it’s also about securing justice for the pain and trauma caused by the collision.
Our Hartford pedestrian accident lawyers pursue maximum compensation in pedestrian accident cases. Some of our case outcomes include:
- $2,000,000 for an individual who was struck by a car while crossing the street. She needed multiple surgeries to address her injuries.
- $1,200,000 for a pedestrian accident victim who was hit by a car in a crosswalk. She suffered a broken leg that required surgery.
- $475,000 for a woman who was struck while crossing the street and suffered soft tissue injuries and a fractured arm. She also needed surgery to correct the damage.
- $300,000 for a client who was hit by a car in a parking lot and suffered multiple fractures. She needed surgery as well as physical therapy because of the collision.
We Don’t Accept Inadequate Personal Injury Settlement Offers
Our job is to get you the most compensation possible in your case so that you can cover your medical expenses and lost income, and try to move on with your life. Most pedestrian accident lawsuits are filed against an auto insurance company. Insurance companies are interested in protecting their bottom line, so they will try to get injured people to settle for as little as possible.
Insurance companies use many different techniques and tactics to undervalue or deny pedestrian accident claims. The first payout they offer is often insultingly low. We don’t accept lowball settlement offers, and we aren’t swayed by manipulative insurance company tactics. We will fight to get you the money you deserve.
We Have Over 85 Years of Experience
Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC is one of the most well-established law firms in the area. We have spent over eight decades fighting for injured people and the loved ones of fatal accident victims. The Hartford personal injury lawyers at our firm know how to build a rock-solid case for our clients.
We Can Handle Complex Cases and Personal Injury Litigation
Our pedestrian accident attorneys are equipped to represent you even if your case involves complexities such as liability disputes or challenging circumstances. Our experienced attorneys are also prepared to file a pedestrian accident lawsuit and take your case to court if needed.
Our Clients Consistently Note the Quality of Our Legal Services
You can read dozens of client testimonials describing their experience at Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC. We treat our clients like family and go above and beyond to make the personal injury claim process as painless as possible for them. We’re committed to getting favorable results.
“Attorney Brian Parrott and Tynisa Ortiz did an amazing job from beginning to end. I am very happy to have called Trantolo & Trantolo.” – J.M.
“They made sure I got the best help and service! I appreciate their hardwork and patience.” – C.C.
“Great staff that work hard for you. I was very impressed with the dedication put into my claim. I appreciate all the work while I was recovering. Extremely professional! Thank you to Chris and Anne!” – D.P.
“I think Trantolo & Trantolo did a wonderful job for me, I could not ask for a better lawyer. Thank you to Brian and his team, who did a wonderful job….thanks a million.” – G.M.
Our Hartford Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Will Pursue Compensation for Financial and Non-Financial Damages
The compensation available to pedestrian accident victims varies case by case. You may qualify for compensation for:
- Medical expenses: Your emergency room care, hospitalization, surgeries, X-rays, physical therapy, and other medical needs may be covered.
- Lost wages: If the accident forced you to miss work or left you disabled and unable to work, we’ll pursue compensation for your lost income and lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Our legal team will also seek compensation for the intangible harm you suffered because of the accident. You may be experiencing physical pain, nightmares, flashbacks, and other excruciating symptoms. We will demand compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death damages: If your loved one died in a fatal pedestrian accident, we’ll seek compensation for your financial and non-financial damages. We recognize that no amount of money in the world could make up for the loss of a loved one, but we will do everything possible to maximize the compensation you receive. You may qualify for compensation for funeral and burial expenses, loss of your loved one’s income, medical bills, and more.
Our Hartford Pedestrian Collision Lawyers Operate on a Contingency Fee Structure
Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC won’t ask you to pay upfront for our lawyers’ services.
We Don’t Get Paid Unless You Do
A contingency fee means that there are no out-of-pocket expenses when you work with a personal injury lawyer from our firm. We only get paid if and when you do. You can rest assured that our law firm will do everything possible to get you a favorable outcome.
Your Initial Consultation Is Completely Free
If you want to learn more about our services and how we can help you, you can set up a free case assessment today.
A Hartford Pedestrian Accident Lawyer From Our Firm Will Work to Demonstrate Liability
A crucial part of building a successful personal injury claim is demonstrating liability or legal responsibility for an accident or injury. You may assume that in a vehicle-on-pedestrian collision, the driver of the vehicle is automatically considered liable for the crash. Unfortunately, many drivers and their insurance companies try to claim that the injured pedestrian is at fault.
Our law firm will work to demonstrate the other party’s liability beyond a shadow of a doubt. The driver of the motor vehicle who hit a pedestrian is typically considered at fault for the crash. However, other parties may also be liable, such as:
- Property owner: Sometimes the owner of the property on which the pedestrian accident occurred is liable for the accident. For example, if a store owner failed to replace broken lights in the parking lot, the poor lighting could have caused or contributed to the collision.
- Government entity: If the pedestrian accident occurred on property owned by a government entity, the government could potentially be liable for the accident. Claims against government entities are especially complex. If this applies to your incident, it is crucial that you work with an experienced law firm that has the legal knowledge and resources needed to handle the case.
- Product manufacturer or designer: In some cases, defective vehicle components, such as defective brakes, cause a pedestrian accident. Our law firm is equipped to handle product liability claims and we can help.
Hit-and-Run Pedestrian Collisions and Uninsured Drivers
Drivers involved in a pedestrian collision have an ethical obligation as well as a legal duty to stop, check on the victim, and exchange insurance information. Sadly, some careless drivers speed away from the accident scene in hopes of avoiding accountability for the collision.
If you or a loved one were the victim of a hit-and-run, you may still qualify for financial compensation. A Hartford pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm can help you file a claim against your own insurance company for fair compensation.
The same is true if you were struck by an uninsured driver. Don’t assume that you have no legal options if the driver was uninsured or left the scene of the motor vehicle accident. We’ll explore every option possible for recovering financial compensation for you.
Statute of Limitations for Hartford Personal Injury Claims
The Connecticut statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death lawsuits is usually two years, according to Connecticut General Statutes § 52-584. You must file a lawsuit within two years of the accident to have a chance at pursuing compensation through the court.
Contact Our Hartford Personal Injury Law Firm Today
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident or your loved one was killed in a fatal pedestrian collision, let a Hartford personal injury attorney from our firm help. At Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, we provide steadfast legal counsel and aggressive representation to personal injury victims and their families.
We operate on a contingency fee structure and never charge for initial consultations. Schedule your free consultation by filling out our online form or calling our office today.