The motorcycle accident attorneys at Trantolo & Trantolo are dedicated to representing injured riders. Many of our staff members ride and have in-depth experience navigating the legal landscape of motorcycle accidents. We bring over 80 years of success to Long Island and always fight to protect the rights of our clients.
Do I Need an Attorney for a Motorcycle Accident?
After an accident, a motorcycle attorney can help you get justice for any injuries. We will guide you through the entire legal process and help you get maximum compensation from the party responsible for the accident.
Why Choose Trantolo & Trantolo for Your Claim?
Trantolo & Trantolo has a reputation of success in the community for helping motorcycle accident victims over the years.
Decades of Experience
Since 1938, our firm has represented countless motorcycle accident victims. We also have a certified licensed insurance adjuster on staff, who handles appraisals and property damage estimates for our motorcycle clients.
Effective Negotiation Skills
Our goal is to help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries and losses. We have vast experience dealing with insurance companies to get what our clients deserve.
Free Case Evaluations
We offer a free legal consultation to review your case and discuss how to maximize compensation.
Clients Become Family
Each case we take on gets the personalized attention it deserves. Your legal team is there with you every step of the way and treats you like a member of the family.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in New York?
According to an AAA study, Suffolk County experiences the most motorcyclist fatalities in all of New York. Common causes of motorcycle accidents on Long Island include:
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven surfaces and broken concrete can be dangerous for riders, causing serious or fatal injuries.
- Distracted Drivers: Motorists on their cell phones or adjusting the radio can cause life-threatening motorcycle accidents.
- Drinking and Driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence puts lives in danger.
- Speeding: Exceeding the posted speed limit can result in severe or deadly injuries.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
- Call for medical treatment as soon as possible
- Do not leave the scene until the police arrive
- Take down the other driver’s license plate number
- If possible, get a copy of the police report for later use in court
- Hire an experienced lawyer to get maximum compensation for your losses
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When a rider is involved in a collision on two wheels, common injuries include:
- Head Injury: Regardless of whether a rider is wearing a helmet, motorcycle accidents often result in trauma to the head.
- Broken Bones: Due to a lack of protection, riders are more susceptible to strong impacts in a collision, which can lead to broken limbs.
- Wrist Injury: Especially when a rider falls from the bike, wrists are one of the most commonly injured body parts.
- Spine Injury: If not treated immediately after an accident, this serious injury can result in severe or fatal consequences.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in New York
In the state of New York, all motorcycle riders must wear a helmet. To register a motorcycle and obtain a license, you must have a DOT-approved helmet. On Long Island, only those who are over 18 can get a motorcycle license.
Is Lane Splitting Legal in New York?
Although a common practice on busy roadways, riding a motorcycle between lanes of slow moving or stopped traffic in the same direction is illegal in New York. Rather than lane splitting, motorcyclists may use the right or left lane to pass another vehicle when it’s safe.
How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Worth?
Each claim is unique and requires special attention. Multiple factors play a role in determining whether you have a case and what it’s value may be, including:
- Severity of injuries
- Impact of losses
- Related medical costs
What Is the Statute of Limitations in New York?
Motorcycle accident lawsuits in New York are different from other states. Long Island has a statute of limitations of 3 years to file a lawsuit after you’re injured on a motorcycle. Our team of motorcycle accident lawyers at Trantolo & Trantolo are well-versed in the specific procedures, rules and laws.
How Can a Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help?
At Trantolo & Trantolo, we are here to help you throughout your case. Your legal team will:
- Provide legal advice for your case
- Prepare the necessary documents
- Represent you if the case goes to court
- Take steps to reduce your stress post-accident
Contact Our Long Island Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
After a motorcycle accident, we are available 24/7 to help you. We will do our best to win your case and the compensation you deserve. For a free, no-obligation consultation, please fill out our online contact form or call us any time at 1-844-999-9999.