Written by Keith V. Trantolo
Our talented automobile accident attorneys have over 75 years of experience winning high settlement awards and verdicts for our clients. We aim to treat our clients like family throughout the entire process, beginning with the first conversation. The experienced team of lawyers at Trantolo & Trantolo will help to guide you through the complex settlement process and will always be available to answer any questions that may arise. Our goal is to win the highest amount of compensation for your claim and we will not stop until our goal is met.
5 Star Google Reviews ★★★★★ Google Review
507 East Main St.
Torrington, CT 06790
Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm (By Appointment)
Se habla Español!
Jump To Links
NO FEES PAID UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE
At Trantolo & Trantolo, we charge a basic fee of 1/3 of your settlement award and you don’t pay unless a settlement is reached or an award is given.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?
- Assess the safety of where your car is located. If it is safe, stop your car and tuwn on your hazard lights. If the car is not in a safe position, move to a safe place and turn your hazard lights on.
- Call 911 once you are in a safe location with your hazard lights turned on.
- If you are able to move normally, exit the vehicle. If you are unable to move normally, stay in the car until help arrives.
- After safely exiting your vehicle, proceed to photograph and/or record videos of the accident scene, including any other vehicles involved.
- Collect personal information from any other drivers who were involved (name, address, insurance information).
- Gather information from anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can.
WHEN DO I NEED TO FILE A CLAIM IN CONNECTICUT?
The statute of limitations for nearly all automobile accidents in Connecticut is within a two year period. This means if you have been injured in an automobile accident because of another negligent driver, you have two years from the date of the crash to file a personal injury lawsuit.
PROPERTY DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE
To receive the correct amount for your property damage claim, the best thing to do is to have an insurance appraiser visit the car while it is in the repair shop while your mechanic is also present. Your mechanic should be able to negotiate with the insurance appraiser to determine the extent of the damage done to your car. This process helps to create an accurate appraisal of the value of the property damage.
HIRE AN EXPERIENCED TORRINGTON CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
They can help you by:
- Supervising all of your medical treatment and making sure that your doctor orders the right tests.
- Overseeing and collecting all of your medical records in order to ensure that the pain and suffering you sustained is documented.
- Guiding you during each stage of your claim.
- Professionally negotiating to get the highest settlement you deserve.
CALL A TORRINGTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER TODAY
Our Torrington car accident lawyers and staff are ready and willing to help you in any way possible. Call (203) 999-9999 today.