Our automobile accident attorneys have over 85 years of experience winning high settlement awards and verdicts for our clients. We aim to treat our clients like family throughout the entire process, beginning with the first conversation.
The team of lawyers at Trantolo & Trantolo will help guide you through the complex settlement process and will always be available to answer any questions you might have. Our goal is to win the highest amount of compensation for your claim, and we will not stop until our goal is met.
No Fees Unless We Win Your Torrington Car Accident Case
At Trantolo & Trantolo, we charge a basic fee of 1/3 of your settlement award, and you don’t pay unless a settlement is reached or an award is given in your Torrington car accident claim.
Our Torrington car accident lawyers will explain how the contingency agreement works and the fees you can expect to ensure you understand the arrangement before signing with us.
How Much Your Torrington Car Accident Claim Could Be Worth
If your medical bills are piling up and you’re out of work due to your injuries, you are most likely wondering how much your car accident claim would be worth and if it will be enough to cover your accident-related expenses.
These are some of the results our Torrington car accident lawyers have achieved for our clients who were injured in car accidents in Connecticut.
- After a weeklong trial, we secured a $7,900,000 settlement for a client who suffered permanent, severe brain damage in a wreck.
- We secured a $1,500,000 settlement for the passenger of a car involved in a wreck who sustained serious injuries, including a traumatic brain injury.
- We secured a $1,500,000 settlement for the passenger of a car in a single-vehicle wreck that was driven by an intoxicated driver.
- We secured a $1,380,000 settlement for a client who suffered brain damage and other severe injuries when her vehicle was broadsided by a police vehicle.
- We secured a mediated settlement of $1,300,000 for a client who sustained serious injuries in a rollover accident that required surgeries.
- We achieved a $900,000 verdict for a client with permanent injuries requiring extensive treatment and surgeries after being rear-ended by a speeding driver.
These results were based on the specific circumstances of their accidents, including the severity of their injuries. Your results may differ, and they will also be based on the type of accident, how serious your injuries are, and other factors.
What Should I Do If I AM Involved In A Car Accident?
Assess the safety of where your car is located. If it is safe, stop your car and turn on your hazard lights. If the car is not in a safe position, move to a safe place and turn your hazard lights on.
- Call 911 once you are in a safe location with your hazard lights turned on.
- If you can move normally, exit the vehicle. If you cannot move normally, stay in the car until help arrives.
- After safely exiting your vehicle, photograph and/or record videos of the accident scene, including any other vehicles involved.
- Collect personal information from any other drivers who were involved (name, address, insurance information).
- Gather information from anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can.
How Long You Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Connecticut
According to C.G.S.A. § 52-584, in most cases, you have two years from the date the injury was sustained or should have been reasonably discovered to file a claim. There are some exceptions, which your Torrington car accident attorney can explain if any apply to your case.
You should reach out to an injury lawyer as soon as possible so you have as much time as possible to build a strong claim.
Who You Can Sue In A Car Accident Case In Torrington
There may be one clear party who is at fault in your accident, or there may have been multiple parties involved, making determining liability tricky. During your lawyer’s investigation into your accident, we will identify all potential liable parties and hold them accountable for your damages.
Here are the main parties you may be able to sue and recover damages from after a car accident:
- The negligent driver directly caused the accident through speeding, distraction, failure to yield, etc.
- The owner of the vehicle driven by the negligent driver, if it was being used with permission, such as in a case involving a company vehicle
- The manufacturer or supplier of a defective vehicle part, if it can be shown to have caused the accident, such as faulty brake lines
- A mechanic or repair shop for failing to properly fix a vehicle issue that contributed to the crash
- A government entity responsible for maintaining hazardous roads, traffic signals, or infrastructure that led to the crash
- The employer of a negligent driver if the crash occurred during the scope of employment
- Other parties whose negligence indirectly contributed to the accident and injuries.
- A restaurant, bar, or social host that over-served alcohol to a driver that caused an impaired driving accident
According to Connecticut law, there are specific rules regarding compensation and the time limit to file a claim if you’re filing a claim against an establishment or individual that negligently served alcohol to an intoxicated driver who caused a wreck. Your car accident lawyer in Torrington can review these with you if they apply to your claim.
Torrington, CT Car Accident Lawyer FAQs
How much does a car accident lawyer cost?
A lawyer typically takes an auto accident case on contingency, collecting around 30% of any settlement or award. Initial consultations are usually also free. This makes justice accessible to anyone injured by negligence, regardless of your budget.
What should I do after a car accident?
Stop immediately, check for injuries, call the police, exchange information with other drivers, photograph the scene, seek medical care, and contact a car accident attorney. Do not make any recorded statements or agree to sign anything until you’ve consulted with a lawyer to learn more about your rights.
How is the value of a car accident claim calculated?
Factors that go into how a car accident claim’s value is calculated include medical bills, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, permanent impairments, and, in limited cases, punitive damages. An attorney will seek full compensation for your damages, considering future expenses like the cost of ongoing treatment.
How long does it take to settle a car accident claim in Connecticut?
Most standard car accident claims settle within one to three years in Connecticut, with less complex cases often reaching resolution in as little as 6 to 12 months. However, factors like the severity of injuries, the need for extensive litigation, and the involvement of multiple insurers can extend some car accident cases to 2+ years before a final settlement is reached.
Property Damage To Your Vehicle In A Car Accident Lawsuit
To receive the correct amount for your property damage claim, the best thing to do is to have an insurance appraiser visit the car while it is in the repair shop while your mechanic is also present.
Your mechanic should be able to negotiate with the insurance appraiser to determine the extent of the damage done to your car. This process helps to create an accurate appraisal of the value of the property damage. Your Torrington car accident lawyer will use this information to estimate the value of your claim.
How A Torrington Car Accident Attorney Can Protect Your Rights
When you’re injured or grieving the loss of a loved one, you need a legal advocate who will take the pressure off you so you can focus on healing. Our car accident lawyers in Torrington, CT, can help you by:
- Supervising all of your medical treatment and ensuring your doctor orders the right tests.
- Overseeing and collecting all of your medical records to ensure that the pain and suffering you sustained is documented.
- Guiding you during each stage of your claim.
- Professionally negotiating to get the highest settlement you deserve.
Call A Torrington Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Whether you’ve been in a car accident, suffered a dog bite, faced a motorcycle accident, or experienced a pedestrian accident, our Torrington personal injury lawyers and staff are ready to assist you. Call (844) 553-1726 or contact us online today to learn more about filing a claim after an accident.
The dedicated legal team at Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, is here for you. We are happy to answer your questions about filing a claim and tell you more about your legal rights and options in Connecticut.