The Ride for Alzheimer’s, a motorcycle event to benefit Alzheimer’s disease research, will be held on Saturday August 4, 2012 at Fred’s Brick House Café, 1681 West Main Street in Willimantic, CT. We are proud to have helped organize and be a sponsor of this very important event. Trantolo & Trantolo knows that Alzheimer’s is a disease which affects us all.
• One in eight older Americans has Alzheimer’s disease.
• 5.4 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease.
• Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States and the only cause of death among the top 10 in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
• More than 15 million Americans provide unpaid care valued at $210 billion for persons with Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
• Payments for care are estimated to be $200 billion in the United States in 2012
The Ride will begin at 8:30 a.m. The cost to participate is $20 per bike and $10 per passenger. Following the ride event at 1:00 p.m., a cookout, with live music, and raffles will be held at the Franco-American Club 116 Club Rd in Windham. The Ride and Cookout are rain or shine. All proceeds will go to the Alzheimer’s Association for research.
For more information about the event, please contact Meaghan at (860)916-8121.