Enjoy fishing and want to help out a good cause? Announced today, Fish for a Harley Derby is scheduled for April 14 at the Sun Valley Beach Club in Stafford, Conn.
Although the event promptly starts at 7 a.m., registration begins at 5 a.m. Only 600 spots are available, at $20 per person. General admission is free, although guests are recommended to make a donation toward the Channel 3 Kids Camp. Sponsored by Trantolo & Trantolo, the event will feature food, vendors, entertainment, and, of course, fishing.
How does it work? The goal of the fishing contest is winning a 2012 Dyna Wide Glide from TSI Harley Davidson. 20 tagged trout are present, will all redeemable for prizes of some kind. However, participants need to catch the right tagged fish to earn the top prize. Additionally, a prize will be awarded for the most fish caught. Once a tagged fish is caught, bring it to the check-in point or judges stand to have the tag called and to receive a prize.
The rules are as follows:
• Only one rod person (fishing poles will not be provided)
• Use of corn, lures, and fliers is prohibited
• All fishing must be done from shoreline. Boats, rafts, flotation devices, and waders are not permitted
• Bait can be purchased at Sun Valley, or participants can bring their own
• All tagged fish must be alive
• Only tagged trout are being scored. Any fish that’s not a trout, that does not have a tag, and that the participant does not plan to each should be thrown back into the water.
Tickets are currently available for purchase at TSI Harley Davidson, Sun Valley Resort, and Channel3KidsCamp.com.
Fish for a Harley Derby is a fundraising effort for the Channel 3 Kids Camp, which provides activities for 4,000 children ages 6 through 16 throughout the year. Located in Andover, Conn., the program allows children from all over the state, as well as other parts of New England, to have the camp experience without financial restriction.