According to the Bridgeport Police Department, hit and run accidents are a growing problem in the city. In 2017, there were a total of 543 hit and run accidents reported, which is an increase of nearly 10% from the previous year. These types of accidents often result in serious injuries or even death, and the majority of victims are pedestrians.
The department is urging anyone who witnesses a hit and run accident to immediately contact the police so that the driver can be apprehended and brought to justice. They are also asking for the public’s help in identifying any drivers who may have fled the scene of an accident. If you have any information about a hit and run, please call the Bridgeport Police Department at (203) 576-TIPS.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a hit and run accident, you may be entitled to compensation. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Trantolo Law can help you obtain the justice and compensation you deserve. We have successfully represented many victims of hit and run accidents, and we will fight to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Causes Hit and Run Accidents?
There are many reasons why a driver may choose to flee the scene of an accident, but some of the most common include:
– The driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
– The driver does not have a valid license
– The driver does not have insurance
– The driver is wanted by the police for other crimes
No matter what the reason, hit and run accidents are a serious crime. If you have been the victim of a hit and run, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The attorneys at Trantolo Law have successfully represented many victims of hit and run accidents, and we can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Related Bridgeport Resources
- Distracted Driving in Bridgeport
- Whiplash Injury in Bridgeport
- Drunk Driving Accident Bridgeport
- Back Injury After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Teen Driving Accident in Bridgeport
- Brain Injury After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Truck Accident From Driver Fatigue in Bridgeport
- Chest Injury After a Bridgeport Car Accident
- Wrongful Death After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Parking Lot Accidents Bridgeport
- Types of Injuries After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Hit and Run Accidents in Bridgeport
- Boat Accidents in Bridgeport
- Bridgeport Intersection Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer Bridgeport
- Why Hire a Bridgeport Attorney
- Neck Injuries After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Trantolo & Trantolo Bridgeport Lawyers
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Bridgeport CT
- Tailgating Accident in Bridgeport
- Types of Auto Accidents in Bridgeport CT