If you suffered serious injuries in a collision involving a truck, you may be able to recover compensation by holding the driver or their employer accountable. You could recover damages to cover your medical care, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
A Springfield, MA, personal injury lawyer from Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, can help you build a strong case and seek the compensation you deserve. We will advocate for your rights and stand by your side throughout your case. You can learn more about working with our Springfield truck accident attorney during a free initial consultation. Dial (844) 999-9999 now.
What Damages Will Our Springfield Truck Accident Lawyer Pursue in Your Case?
When a crash victim suffers serious injuries in a Springfield, MA, trucking collision, they can pursue a fault-based case against the at-fault driver or another liable party. When that driver is behind the wheel of a large, heavy tractor-trailer, serious and catastrophic injuries are common.
Regardless of how your accident happened, the damages and injuries you suffered are unique to your case. You can trust our trucking accident team to analyze the details of your case to determine which losses you’re eligible to recover.
Some of the types of damages we often seek for our clients through an insurance settlement or jury trial include:
- Pain and suffering and other intangible losses
- Medical bills related to crash injuries, now and in the future
- Ongoing care and support for lasting injuries
- Income lost because of missed work
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries stop you from earning the amount of money you once could
- Property damages, including replacing a totaled car
- Related expenses with documentation
We gather proof of these losses to help you seek compensation.
Wrongful Death Truck Accident Cases in Springfield
If your loved one passed away in a Springfield truck crash, we extend our most sincere condolences. Our legal team can help you seek compensation after a fatal commercial truck crash.
Some of the wrongful death damages you may recover include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of your loved one’s care, companionship, and guidance
- Loss of services
- Lost income your loved one would have earned
Let Our Springfield Truck Collision Attorney Represent Your Best Interests
Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, has been fighting for victims’ rights since 1938. For more than 85 years, we have helped those hurt by careless and reckless drivers recover compensation to pay for their losses and hold the at-fault parties accountable.
Though semi-truck accident cases can get complicated, our team will not back down. We will stand up against any liable party and take your case to court if necessary.
Our Case Results Prove Our Dedication to Client Satisfaction
You can expect to receive a high level of personalized attention and support from the first day we represent you until we close the case and beyond. By recovering fair settlements, we have helped hundreds of people get justice. For example, we’ve recovered:
- $840,000 settlement: Our client suffered serious neck, back, and foot injuries in a T-bone collision caused by a utility truck driver running a stop sign.
- $834,000 settlement: Our client was hit head-on by a truck, causing serious injuries.
- $500,000 settlement: Our client’s vehicle was hit by a backing truck, leading to surgery and rehabilitation.
- $450,000 settlement: Our client suffered a series of strokes after being hit by a flatbed tractor-trailer backing across the road.
- $445,000 mediated settlement: Our client was hit by a truck driver making an improper lane change. This crash caused serious injuries.
When you bring your case to us, we can determine the amount of money you deserve to recover.
Our Springfield Law Firm Will Fight Your Case on a Contingency-Fee Basis
You won’t add to your financial burden by hiring our legal team. At Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, we work on a contingency-fee basis. This means you do not owe us any upfront payments when you hire our firm. Instead, we take an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation after we win or settle your case.
You pay us nothing out-of-pocket, and there are no hidden fees. We also provide free initial consultations to discuss your legal options and answer any questions you have.
Our Springfield Personal Injury Lawyers Can Explain Your Legal Options
After a truck accident, you generally have multiple legal options. Among these include filing an insurance claim with your personal injury protection (PIP) provider and filing a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party. You can pursue both of these legal routes simultaneously.
Before you can file a lawsuit, you must prove liability. In a truck accident case, the liable party is often:
- The truck driver
- A trucking company
- A cargo loading company
- A third-party passenger vehicle driver
- A maintenance shop that handled car or truck repairs
- A vehicle parts manufacturer
- A government entity responsible for road maintenance, traffic signs, or traffic lights
- A drunk, distracted, or aggressive driver
We pursue compensation by holding all liable parties accountable. If more than one person’s negligence caused or contributed to your truck-related accident, we will demand compensation from them. Our goal is to help you achieve a fair payout and see the at-fault party brought to justice.
How Our Springfield Trucking Accident Lawyers Build Compelling Cases
To recover compensation after a Springfield, Massachusetts, truck accident, we must demonstrate the elements of negligence. These include:
- Duty of care: The liable party had a responsibility to keep you safe.
- Breach of duty: They failed to maintain their duty of care, instead acting with negligence.
- Causation: The liable party’s action or inaction caused your accident and injuries.
- Damages: You suffered damages because of the liable party.
We can prove these elements by collecting evidence.
Useful Evidence in a Trucking Accident Claim
Much of the evidence we may use in these cases is held by the trucking company or truck owner after an accident. This is problematic since we are frequently building a case against them. For this reason, we need to send a letter demanding the preservation of evidence as soon as possible after a crash. The evidence this could protect includes:
- Data from the truck’s onboard computers
- The trucker’s rest logs
- Dashcam video of the crash
- Post-accident drug and alcohol testing results
- The driver’s records, including their medical clearance and driving history
- Forensic evidence from the truck and trailer
- Information about the cargo and how it was loaded
Other evidence we commonly use to show negligence and liability in these cases includes:
- The police report from the accident scene
- An accident scene survey
- Eyewitness statements
- Accident reconstruction data
- Video of the crash
- Relevant medical records
- Medical expert testimony
- Industry expert input
- Documentation of damages, such as receipts and bills
When necessary, we will present our evidence to the judge and jury at a civil trial. We will ask them for a verdict and payout that is appropriate based on the evidence.
How Long Can You Wait to Hire a Springfield 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer?
If your injuries allow you to connect with our team, we urge you to do so as soon as possible. We also work with family members whose loved one has catastrophic injuries and cannot make the call on their own at this time. We need to begin building these cases as quickly as possible.
Under Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 260 § 2A, victims with serious injuries generally have up to three years to begin a fault-based case and file the paperwork for a lawsuit. If your loved one passed away in a commercial truck accident, Mass. Gen. Laws Ann. ch. 229, § 2 generally gives you three years to file your case. Missing these deadlines could jeopardize your right to sue and seek fair compensation in your case, so it benefits you to get started early.
Another benefit to beginning your case right away is that it gives our firm time to collect evidence that may be time-sensitive. Evidence like witness statements and surveillance footage may not last over time. It’s important that we gather this proof as soon as possible after your crash.
Discuss Your Springfield, MA, Trucking Accident Case With Our Team for Free
At Trantolo & Trantolo, LLC, our team provides free legal case consultations for trucking accident victims. We can assess your options and help you understand how our Springfield trucking accident attorneys can handle your case. Let Our Family Help Your Family navigate the legal process.