Written by  Keith V. Trantolo

When you are feeling ill or must undergo surgery, you put trust in a doctor to improve your health. These professionals attend four years of college, medical school and go through a rigorous residency program before landing their first official job as an MD. Despite their wealth of knowledge concerning the human body, sometimes it’s the simple mistakes that lead to medical malpractice.

At Trantolo & Trantolo, we understand how frustrating it can be when a doctor does not listen to your symptoms. When this results in a misdiagnosis or surgical error, the doctor or hospital must be held accountable. If you’re facing a medical malpractice case, the following resources can help get the justice you deserve.

CT Department of Public Health

When you and your family determine that negligence occurred, you can file a complaint against the health care provider(s) responsible through the CT Department of Public Health. Note there are two different contacts for reporting a person versus a facility.

Federation of State Medical Boards

Through this website, you can select your state, then find your doctor’s professional history. Is the license up-to-date? Has the doctor been convicted of a felony or sued for medical malpractice before?

Administrators in Medicine

This non-profit organization works similarly to the Federation of State Medical Boards. The process to find licensing and disciplinary information on your doctor is a little simpler. Use the DocFinder directory here.


If filing a medical malpractice claim for a birth injury, FindLaw has specific information on this type of case. From links to national health organizations to FAQs, become well-informed about cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy and more.

One of the most critical first steps of a medical malpractice lawsuit is to hire an experienced personal injury law firm. Trantolo & Trantolo’s medical malpractice attorneys have handled hundreds of these claims and can help you navigate the complicated process from start to finish. If you or a loved one has been injured by a negligent doctor or health care facility, contact our team today.