Whiplash is a type of neck injury that can occur after a car accident. The term “whiplash” is used to describe the sudden, jerking motion of the head and neck that can happen when the vehicle comes to a stop. Whiplash injuries can range from mild to severe, and in some cases, can lead to long-term pain and disability. If you have been involved in a car accident in Bridgeport, it is important to seek medical attention right away, even if you do not think you are injured. A trained medical professional can properly diagnose your injuries and create a treatment plan that will help you heal and get back to your life as soon as possible.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Trantolo & Trantolo today. We will review your case for free and help you understand your legal options. Call us today to schedule a consultation.
What Causes Whiplash Injuries?
Whiplash injuries occur when the head and neck are suddenly jerked forward or backward, beyond their normal range of motion. This can happen when a car is hit from behind or when the driver hits their head on the steering wheel during a frontal impact. The sudden, violent movement of the head and neck can cause the ligaments and muscles in the area to stretch or tear. In some cases, the vertebrae in the spine can be displaced or fractured.
Common symptoms of whiplash include:
· Neck pain or stiffness
· Arm pain or numbness
· Blurred vision
· Ringing in the ears
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms after a car accident, it is important to see a doctor right away. Whiplash injuries can often be difficult to diagnose because the symptoms may not appear until days or even weeks after the accident. A trained medical professional will be able to properly diagnose your injuries and create a treatment plan that will help you heal and get back to your life as soon as possible.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Related Bridgeport Resources
- Distracted Driving in Bridgeport
- Whiplash Injury in Bridgeport
- Drunk Driving Accident Bridgeport
- Back Injury After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Teen Driving Accident in Bridgeport
- Brain Injury After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Truck Accident From Driver Fatigue in Bridgeport
- Chest Injury After a Bridgeport Car Accident
- Wrongful Death After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Parking Lot Accidents Bridgeport
- Types of Injuries After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Hit and Run Accidents in Bridgeport
- Boat Accidents in Bridgeport
- Bridgeport Intersection Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer Bridgeport
- Why Hire a Bridgeport Attorney
- Neck Injuries After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Trantolo & Trantolo Bridgeport Lawyers
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Bridgeport CT
- Tailgating Accident in Bridgeport
- Types of Auto Accidents in Bridgeport CT