Just last year, drunk driving accidents in Bridgeport claimed the lives of three people and injured many more. These accidents are preventable, but they continue to happen. If you or someone you love has been involved in a drunk driving accident, you may be wondering what your legal options are.
At The Law Office of Trantolo Law, we understand the devastation that these accidents can cause. We represent accident victims and their families in personal injury and wrongful death claims. If you would like to learn more about your legal rights and options, please contact us for a free consultation.
What Causes Drunk Driving Accidents?
There are many factors that can contribute to a drunk driving accident. Often, these accidents are the result of driver error. For example, a driver may fail to yield the right of way, or they may drive too fast for conditions. In other cases, a driver may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. This can impair their judgment and reaction time, making it more likely that they will cause an accident.
Another common cause of drunk driving accidents is mechanical error. This can include problems with the vehicle itself, or with the road on which the accident occurred. For example, a defective tire may cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle. Or, a pothole in the road may cause a driver to swerve into oncoming traffic.
What Are the Consequences of Drunk Driving Accidents?
Drunk driving accidents can have devastating consequences. In addition to causing property damage, these accidents can also result in serious injuries or death. Common injuries that result from drunk driving accidents include broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries. These injuries can have a lasting impact on the victim’s life, and may require extensive medical treatment.
In some cases, drunk driving accidents can also result in wrongful death. This is when the victim of the accident dies as a result of their injuries. If this happens, the victim’s family may be able to file a wrongful death claim against the driver who caused the accident.
What Are Your Legal Options After a Drunk Driving Accident?
If you or someone you love has been involved in a drunk driving accident, you may be entitled to compensation. The amount of compensation you are entitled to will depend on the specific facts of your case. However, you may be able to recover damages for your medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you have lost a loved one in a drunk driving accident, you may also be able to file a wrongful death claim. This is a type of civil lawsuit that allows the victim’s family to recover damages for their loss. If you are considering filing a wrongful death claim, it is important to speak with an experienced attorney.
Related Bridgeport Resources
- Distracted Driving in Bridgeport
- Whiplash Injury in Bridgeport
- Drunk Driving Accident Bridgeport
- Back Injury After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Teen Driving Accident in Bridgeport
- Brain Injury After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Truck Accident From Driver Fatigue in Bridgeport
- Chest Injury After a Bridgeport Car Accident
- Wrongful Death After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Parking Lot Accidents Bridgeport
- Types of Injuries After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Hit and Run Accidents in Bridgeport
- Boat Accidents in Bridgeport
- Bridgeport Intersection Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer Bridgeport
- Why Hire a Bridgeport Attorney
- Neck Injuries After a Car Accident in Bridgeport
- Trantolo & Trantolo Bridgeport Lawyers
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Bridgeport CT
- Tailgating Accident in Bridgeport
- Types of Auto Accidents in Bridgeport CT