After a car accident, there’s no need to worry when you call Trantolo & Trantolo. Our team of Long Island attorneys will handle all the details, while you focus on recovering from any injuries. Our experienced motor vehicle accident lawyers can help you navigate the legal process and secure a fair settlement.
What Causes Car Accidents in Long Island, New York?
Suffolk and Nassau counties experience a high number of car accidents each year. Common causes of motor vehicle crashes on Long Island include:
- Distracted Driving: Texting, talking on the phone and eating behind the wheel can lead to serious crashes.
- Following Too Closely: Many rear-end collisions are caused by a tailgating driver being unable to slow down when the car in front stops short.
- Speeding: Drivers who exceed the speed limit or travel too fast for conditions are at an increased risk of a collision.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence can affect vision, comprehension, reaction time and coordination.
- Defective Roads: If you hit a pothole or swerve to avoid an obstruction in the road, you can lose control of your vehicle.
- Illegal Passing: When you pass another vehicle in an unsafe manner, it can cause an accident.
Why Hire a Long Island Car Accident Attorney?
Trantolo & Trantolo brings over 80 years of experience, success and tradition to Long Island. Our hardworking car accident lawyers go the extra mile to ensure our clients get maximum compensation from the insurance company.
If you have been involved in an accident, contact us right away to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced lawyers. What can you expect?
- We provide you guidance and support throughout the legal process and will fight for you in court if the insurance company does not agree to the offer you deserve.
- We will explain your legal rights, including maximum compensation from the insurance company.
- Our compassionate lawyers will help you through every step of your case and work tirelessly to secure the best results.
- We listen to our clients carefully and conduct all essential investigations to further support your side of the story.
- We are available to you 24/7, working hard and efficiently to get you results and justice for your injuries.
- You and your family are not charged any fees until your case is won and settled.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Contact the Authorities: Call 911 and wait for the emergency response team to arrive.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s crucial to seek medical treatment after the accident, even if you don’t have immediate injuries.
- Be There On The Scene: Do not leave the accident scene until you talk to the police.
- Don’t Admit Fault: Apologizing for the accident can be interpreted as admitting fault.
- Hire a Lawyer: Our car accident attorneys can provide legal support and help ensure maximum compensation.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
At Trantolo & Trantolo, we offer a completely free legal consultation online or in-person. During the consultation, we’ll ask for more information about the accident and you will learn more about our services and experience. We have highly successful trial lawyers who will handle your case with the highest level of expertise and the best negotiation skills.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in New York?
If you or a loved one is injured due to another person’s negligence in New York, you have three years to file a lawsuit. The statute of limitations restricts how long someone has to file a case following an injury.
Can I Recover Compensation If I Share Some of the Blame for the Accident?
New York follows comparative negligence rules, meaning the driver who caused the accident is financially responsible for the damage caused. An injured person can recover damages for their injuries, even if they were partly responsible for the accident, yet the total recovery is reduced by their share of fault. The team assigned to your case will gather the necessary evidence and work hard to ensure you receive the money you deserve.
What Damages Are Available After a Car Accident on Long Island?
Damages in a personal injury case depend on a number of factors, including injury severity, type of injuries sustained, their impact on the victim’s life and financial losses incurred. The two main forms are economic and non-economic damages. Punitive damages may also be awarded to punish the negligent party and deter others from engaging in similar behavior.
Economic vs. Non-Economic Damages
Economic damages are provided for financial losses. The specific forms include:
- Medical expenses like diagnostic tests, medications, hospital stays and surgery.
- Medical bills for follow-up care, medical devices and other equipment.
- Income loss, including wages if the victim could not work due to injuries.
- Property damage and repair expenses, including auto body work.
Non-economic damages help you recover from the pain and suffering caused by an accident. If you are dealing with emotional, physical or mental pain, we do everything we can to help you get through these difficult times.
We Handle All Car Accident Cases on Long Island
Trantolo & Trantolo will guide you every step of the way and keep you informed throughout the legal process. Our car accident attorneys represent clients in a variety of incidents, including:
- Frontal collision
- T-bone accident
- Highway crash
- Accident involving bicyclists
- Accident with a truck
- Accident in Uber
- Accident caused by speeding
Contact Our Long Island Car Accident Attorneys
After a car accident, you need the most experienced legal team on your side. Contact Trantolo & Trantolo to fight for the compensation you deserve. For a free, no-obligation consultation, please fill out our online contact form or call us any time at 1-844-999-9999.