Our staff remains available to you 24/7, offering safe and contactless client services by phone, email and video conference. Learn More!

When Dogs Attack in Public: Who’s Responsible?

Statistically, about 60 percent of all dog bites occur in the home, with a family or friend’s dog involved. For the remaining 40 percent, dogs lunge, bite or injure someone in a public space – on the street, in a dog park, in front of a store and anywhere else away from personal property.

Read More

The Importance of Socializing Our Dogs

As the saying goes, a dog is a man’s best friend. Just as we expect our human friends to be respectful and well-behaved when out in public with us, dogs should be trained to act the same. How can a dog owner accomplish this? Through the process of socialization.

Read More

Do Breed Bans Prevent Dog Attacks?

One measure across the United States to prevent dog attacks and related fatalities is a breed ban, also known as breed-specific legislation (BSL). These laws, usually implemented at the city or town level, regulate or ban certain breeds, usually associated with a high bite or attack rate. Although breed bans aren’t universal, they nearly always…

Read More

The Lasting Impact of Dog Bites

Dog bites are a traumatic event for people of all ages. The effects often last for months, if not years, after the incident. In response, the victim may have to live with or schedule medical treatment to diminish severe scarring, receive physical rehabilitation for injuries, manage emotional distress and avoid dogs or public places altogether….

Read More

Who Is at Risk for Dog Bites?

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 4.5 million dog bites occur in our country every year. If you’re a victim, it is critical to receive medical attention right away to lessen your risk of infection and developing dangerous diseases. As the weather warms up, more of us will be bringing our…

Read More