Accidents happen when you least expect them, including in your Thomaston neighborhood. You’re walking along the sidewalk in winter and slip on a patch of ice. When you’re making a turn, another driver goes through the stoplight and collides into you. You think you’re using a safe product or medication, only for it to result in life-threatening side effects. In most cases, you visit your doctor for care, reach out to your insurance carrier and try to get the claim resolved, so things go back to normal.
However, these corporate entities – the insurance carrier, the company manufacturing the product or even a nursing home – push back and place the blame on you. Now you’re not only injured but have to pay high medical bills and take time off from work. Long term, you may need physical therapy or have restricted employment options.
Where do you go from here? Rather than accept the physical and financial pain, reach out to the lawyers at Trantolo & Trantolo. Representing those who cannot hold big business accountable on their own, we’ve had a presence in the state since 1938. Our team believes profit should never come before a person’s safety and wellbeing.
We give it our all for every client and case we take on:
- We’ll never cut corners or leave a source untouched when gathering evidence.
- We consider the defense’s potential tactics.
- You won’t be left in the dark – our team listens to and addresses all your concerns.
- You’ll receive a free consultation before someone from our office takes on a claim.
- We never require upfront payment.
Our Practice Areas
Our legal and administrative team aims to treat you like a member of our family, rather than a person passing through. We accept cases within the following areas:
- Personal Injury: From fires to pedestrian accidents, what follows remains the same: Time away from your job, high medical bills and therapy, with no guarantee to fully recover. In fact, you risk having a lower quality of life and even long-term disability. Don’t let the other party get away with it; pursue and hold them responsible.
- Car and Truck Accidents: Although these accidents come in varying degrees of severity, the worst cases often encompass bodily injury, property damage and fatalities. Victims or their surviving loved ones often find the insurance carrier doesn’t want to pay, delaying communication, denying all responsibility and low-balling your settlement. If you feel stuck, turn to Trantolo & Trantolo to get your claim moving toward a more favorable resolution.
- Dangerous Drugs and Medication Errors: When we’re sick, we hope the doctor works to make us well. But, sometimes a recommended drug doesn’t have the expected effect. Biased or insufficient research, recommendations based on kickbacks or intentionally withheld information can emerge in a slew of unexpected, life-threatening side effects. Instead of letting the drug manufacturer off the hook, start an individual claim or class action lawsuit to hold them accountable for negligence.
- Dog Bites: We all hope our neighbors in Thomaston, CT adequately train and manage their dogs. Yet, even animals that know you could lash out and attack, resulting in permanent injuries, from scarring to nerve damage and long-term psychological problems. Don’t attribute this to a one-time fluke; someone needs to be held responsible for not keeping the animal under control.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors take an oath to act in the patient’s best interest, but many simply dismiss symptoms, refuse or misinterpret test results or recommend procedures solely for a kickback they’ll receive. If a doctor’s decisions are negatively impacting your health, your provider may be engaging in malpractice.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Greater exposure on two wheels often results in more significant injuries to bikers in the event of an accident. Since many members of our staff ride and participate in Connecticut’s motorcycle community, we have the knowledge and experience to understand these unique, specific facets.
- Nursing Home Negligence: It’s a tough decision to put your loved one in a home and not just any facility will do. After you’ve done your research, it’s extremely shocking to find out your family member or spouse was ignored, given antipsychotics or abused. While many nursing homes try to shuffle you over to arbitration and push the incident under the rug, you need to hold the staff members accountable, rather than excuse their negligence.
- Product Liability: Who knew that an item on the shelf or something recommended by a doctor could harm your health? We often do not factor in the potential until it’s too late. But, products get rushed and medical devices are inadequately tested, a lack of oversight that impacts consumers. Instead of taking the hit, work with Trantolo & Trantolo to have your voice heard.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: On the sidewalks of Thomaston, you expect to stay reasonably safe. Yet, when a business lets ice and snow accumulate, your risk of slipping on the pavement drastically increases. However, you experience more than a bruise. Slip and fall injuries may result in broken bones, permanent nerve damage, a traumatic brain injury or death.
- Mass Tort and Class Action: Not every claim involves a single plaintiff. Especially for dangerous drug and defective device claims, several individuals come forward against a manufacturer. In these instances, our team can represent you as a class action case or redirect you to the appropriate Multi-District Litigation (MDL).
As an individual or a group, going against big business can seem downright impossible. Even those who appear to have endless resources cannot match the decades of experience we have at Trantolo & Trantolo. We handle the legal proceedings on your behalf, but keep you informed of what’s happening while you take care of getting better.
Our attorneys are licensed to practice in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York. If you believe you have a claim, contact our Waterbury or Torrington office to speak with an attorney today.
See Other Connecticut Towns We Cover