No one wants to get into an accident – whether it involves another driver, slipping on pavement, a defective medical device or a dog bite. However, these incidents happen and, in the aftermath, you seek medical care before pursuing the other party’s insurance carrier to file a claim. You hope to gradually get better and go back to work soon.
Yet, complications ensue: The other party’s carrier plays down your injuries, the property owner places responsibility on you or a large corporation ignores your requests. At this point, you feel as if you have nowhere to turn, as medical bills continue to pile up. Being out of work doesn’t help either.
If you’re a Prospect resident in this predicament, you’ve got Trantolo & Trantolo on your side. Operating in Connecticut since 1938, we’ve always represented those who don’t have the resources to take on big business alone. Our team doesn’t represent these large corporations and insurance carriers, instead believing that a company should never place its profits before a person’s well-being.
When we accept a new client, we put our full effort into each claim:
- Our lawyers and staff never cut corners when gathering evidence. In doing research, we anticipate the defense’s potential tactics.
- We’re there to listen to and address all of your concerns.
- We offer free consultations before deciding to take on your claim.
- We don’t require upfront payment. There are no fees until we win fair compensation for you.
Our Practice Areas
Our experienced staff takes on a select number of claims within the following areas:
- Personal Injury: Accident can happen at any time but when you’re the one hurt, you’ve got to contend with high medical bills, time off from work and potential decreased quality of life or long-term disability. The other party shouldn’t be let off the hook; we’re here to hold them accountable.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: In an ideal world, cars and trucks would drive along without a hitch. Yet, collisions beyond the typical fender-bender happen, resulting in serious bodily injury and property damage. Victims may find an insurance carrier doesn’t want to pay up, instead delaying communication, blaming you and giving you a severely low settlement.
- Dangerous Drugs and Medication Errors: By taking a doctor-recommended drug, we expect to get better. But, drug companies frequently cut corners or present biased research before a drug gets to market. As such, consumers are at risk for a wide range of serious, often unlisted or downplayed side effects. If a seemingly safe medication negatively impacted your life, it’s time to hold the manufacturer, doctor or pharmacist accountable.
- Dog Bites: There’s a chance that on your street in Prospect, CT, you have at least one neighbor with a dog. Even the most familiar animals can lash out, resulting in a severe bite and lasting trauma. Rather than live in fear, work with Trantolo & Trantolo to hold the owner accountable.
- Medical Malpractice: Is the doctor truly working in your best interest or is he ignoring test results, downplaying your symptoms or accepting kickbacks from drug companies? When your diagnosis is ignored or delayed or a doctor’s decisions negatively affect your health, you could be dealing with malpractice.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycles come with several risks, including significantly higher fatality and injury rates than motor vehicles. As members of our team ride and participate in Connecticut’s motorcycle community, we factor in these details while working on your claim.
- Nursing Home Negligence: No family wants to put their loved one in a nursing home, but the care needed can become too much for one person to handle. As such, you do extensive research to find the right fit. So, finding out your spouse, parent or sibling has been ignored, abused or given antipsychotics is a devastating, unforgivable experience. You need to hold the nursing home’s owners and staff responsible.
- Product Liability: How much do you trust products placed on the market? Unless something comes with a large warning label, you likely don’t give it a second thought until you fall ill or display other strange, unpredictable symptoms. Anything unregulated or quickly pushed onto shelves frequently comes with these risks and a manufacturer shouldn’t be allowed to get away with this degree of negligence.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: As you walk around Prospect you think you’re being mindful of your surroundings, until you slip on an icy patch in front of a business. This lack of oversight on the part of the businessowner puts you and others at risk of serious injury.
- Mass Tort and Class Action: Frequently, a case involves multiple individuals with a similar complaint. Trantolo & Trantolo can either represent these class action claims or redirect you to the appropriate Multi-District Litigation (MDL).
From the beginning, our lawyers have understood what it can feel like to go up against a person or business with seemingly unlimited legal resources. So you don’t feel intimidated, we walk you through the legal process, keep you informed and approach everything with decades of experience. Our attorneys are licensed to practice in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York. If you believe you have a claim in Prospect, contact our Waterbury office today.