After an accident happens in your town of Oakville, you seek medical care and pay for the damages. The party responsible for your injuries ideally cooperates, working with his or her insurance company to get the claim resolved. Unfortunately, these scenarios rarely go as expected. Instead, the person who hit you or whose property you slipped on becomes evasive, and their insurance company places part of the blame on you. In the aftermath, you’re left dealing with all financial obligations and may have reduced working capacity or quality of life.
When pursuing a claim, turn to the personal injury lawyers at Trantolo & Trantolo. Since 1938, our law firm has stood up for those who don’t have the resources to fight big business and insurance companies. We believe a company’s profits should never be placed ahead of someone’s wellbeing. In the process of your claim, we:
- Take a comprehensive approach with gathering evidence and doing research.
- Listen to and address all your concerns.
- Offer free consultations before taking on your claim.
- Don’t require you to pay upfront for our legal services. No fees until we win!
Our Practice Areas
Our firm takes on a select number of claims and gives you our full attention in the following areas:
- Personal Injury: Accidents and injuries happen anywhere, and they fall into a wide range of scenarios. When you’re the one hurt, you’ll be expected to pay high medical bills and likely need to take time off from work. This scenario may then progress to long-term disability and if you don’t hold the other party accountable, you’ll be on the hook for all related costs.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: No matter if another car or a truck hits you, severe accidents are more than just a fender-bender. Rather, these scenarios encompass current and future medical treatments and property damage. The insurance company refuses to acknowledge your condition, putting off correspondence, placing the blame on you, and offering a low settlement.
- Dangerous Drugs and Medication Errors: When a doctor recommends a drug, you expect that taking it will make you better. Yet, we can sometimes experience a range of side effects, beyond what’s common. Now your health is in jeopardy; it’s time to hold the negligent manufacturer accountable.
- Dog Bites: You think you know all the dogs on your street in Oakville. But one day, an unfamiliar or stray animal lashes out and bites you. As your wounds heal, hold the dog’s owner responsible for negligent behavior.
- Medical Malpractice: We assume that doctors always act in our best interest, but from accepting drug company kickbacks to ignoring our symptoms, their decisions could be putting your health in danger. Beyond a procedure that didn’t go as planned, your doctor needs to be held accountable for his or her negligence.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Two wheels and a greater degree of exposure for riders mean that motorcycle accidents have much higher fatality and injury rates. During your claim, these and other factors need to be considered. Members of Trantolo & Trantolo’s staff ride, so we have the knowledge to examine the specifics of your motorcycle accident.
- Nursing Home Negligence: It’s never an easy decision to put your loved one in a nursing home, but you seek out what seems like the best one. However, from overly prescribed antipsychotics to ignoring bedsores and outright abuse, your loved one’s safety is suddenly compromised. We believe all employees and owners must be held accountable.
- Product Liability: If you take a supplement or get recommended a medical device, you assume it’s been tested rigorously for safety. However, between malfunctioning, exposure to carcinogens and improperly labeled ingredients, products aren’t always what they seem and could be putting you at risk.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: Sidewalks should be shoveled and parking lots clear, but not every business makes and effort to clean up ice, packed snow or a spilled liquid. As a result, if that lack of oversight results in a slip and fall injury, all responsible parties need to be held accountable.
- Mass Tort and Class Action: Some cases involve multiple individuals coming forward with a complaint. In these cases, our attorneys can represent your class action or mass tort claim or direct you to the appropriate multi-district litigation (MDL).
From the beginning, our lawyers have fought on behalf of those who otherwise wouldn’t have a voice in the courtroom. Each claim is supported by our decades of experience and we guide you through the whole process. Our attorneys are licensed to practice in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York. If you’re located in Oakville, CT and want to pursue a personal injury claim, reach out to our Waterbury office.